Establishment and activity of the Institute
The Institute for Continuing Education at the National Aviation University is the basis for implementing the concept of continuing education, which aims to realize the right of every person to lifelong learning, taking into account his personal needs, social development priorities and economic needs.
The reasons for the actualization of continuing education in Ukraine today are: innovative model of society development, expansion of information and communication environment, growing role of human and social capital, demographic situation, aging population.
Implementation of the concept of continuing education will provide: the domestic economy with qualified personnel, competitiveness in the labor market, compliance of labor and education markets, meeting the highest needs of the individual self-realization, reducing unemployment and social tension in society, and thus – national security of Ukraine.
In its activities, the Educational and Scientific Institute of Continuing Education aims to respond quickly to the challenges of society, introducing new approaches to the organization of content, forms and methods of lifelong learning and to cover all components of adult education: formal, non-formal and informal education.
The main activities of the Institute are aimed at:
- ensuring the continuity of training of specialists in various sectors of the economy, primarily aviation and transport, public officials, heads of enterprises, institutions and organizations, both public and private;
- innovative renewal in the provision of educational services;
- modernization of the content of postgraduate education according to modern innovative programs;
- introduction of new forms of organization of students’ educational activities and effective educational technologies.
Institute tasks are:
- training of specialists bachelor’s degree, master’s degree, providing the opportunity to obtain a second (other) higher education, training, course training, specialization, internships for specialists in various sectors of the economy, government officials, heads of enterprises, institutions and organizations forms of study and distance learning with elements of distance learning;
- participation in providing methodological, informational, advisory assistance to regional centers for advanced training of transport workers, educational institutions, institutions and organizations providing training in the system of postgraduate education;
- conducting research, the results of which should be used to ensure the continuity and individualization of learning, its relevance and practical orientation, the introduction of innovative technologies for the implementation of adult education programs.